ISO 50001 Certification :
ISO 50001:2011 gives organizations the requirements for energy management systems (EnMS). ISO 50001 certification is based on the management system model that is already understood and implemented by organizations worldwide. ISO 50001:2011 Energy management systems – Requirements with guidance for use is a specification created by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) for an energy management system. The standard specifies the requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining and improving an energy management system, whose purpose is to enable an organization to follow a systematic approach in achieving continual improvement of energy performance, including energy efficiency, energy security, energy use and consumption. The standard aims to help organizations continually reduce their energy use, and therefore their energy costs and their greenhouse gas emissions.
ISO 50001 was released by ISO in June 2011 and is suitable for any organization – whatever its size, sector or geographical location.
ISO 50001:2011 has been designed for implementation by any organization, whatever its size or nature of business / activities, regardless of its geographical location. This International Standard specifies requirements of an energy management system (EnMS) for an organization to develop and implement an energy policy, establish objectives, targets, and action plans, which consider legal requirements and information related to significant energy use. BQR is a leading ISO 50001 certification company in India & our ISO 50001 certificate is recognized worldwide. Contact BQR for ISO 50001 audit & certification services.
ISO 50001:2011 standard is also known as energy management system. ISO 50001 certification provides a framework for using energy efficiently.
Benefits of ISO 50001:2011 Certification (ENMS)
By achieving certification to this international, best-practice Energy Management standard, your organization will accrue some of the numerous benefits of ISO 50001, including.
- Reduced greenhouse-gas (GHG) emissions and carbon footprint. Compliance with this standard will allow you to meet current or future voluntary and/or mandatory energy efficiency targets or GHG emission reduction legislation.
- Increase energy cost savings for the organization by reducing energy costs via a structured approach to managing your energy consumption.
- Increased knowledge of equipment efficiencies. By integrating your existing management systems, you can align your Energy Management System (EnMS) with existing management systems for additional organizational benefits.
- Informed decision-making processes from system design through to operation.
- Increased energy awareness among staff members at all levels.
- Structured approach to the Right First Time methodologies.
- Improved corporate image and credibility with all stakeholders and customer.
- Enhanced security of energy supply as you will have identified your energy risk exposure in areas within the organization and commenced processes to reduce them.
- Improved operational efficiencies and maintenance practices.